Having sinus pressure, headaches and stiff neck. Could this be just a bad sinus infection?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
Have had sinus pressure, floating teeth, bad headaches, stiff neck and my ear feels kind of stopped up. Been going on for about two weeks now. Could this be just a bad sinus infection?
Posted Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Probably sinusitis. I suggest you may need antibio Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for using Healthcare Magic. These symptoms could indicate that you have a sinusitis.This is the most likely cause of your problems. Most cases of sinusitis are caused by viruses. The treatment is aimed at improving your symptoms. Therefore, it is advisable to take paracetamol and ibuprofen for the headaches. Drink plenty of water. A nasal decongestant available over the counter from your pharmacist may help. If your symptoms continue beyond 2 weeks, this may be an indication for antibiotics so I suggest you see your doctor soon as you have been suffering for 2 weeks already. I hope this is of help. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Regards, Dr K A Pottinger, MBChB FRCA
Follow-up: Having sinus pressure, headaches and stiff neck. Could this be just a bad sinus infection? 10 minutes later
Thanks! Will go to doctor Monday and try and get some antibiotics. Thanks for your time.
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: I wish you a speedy recovery. Detailed Answer: Hi, I'm glad to be of help. If you have no further questions, you may close the query. Regards, Dr K A Pottinger