Having side pain below rib. CT Scan and US normal. What could it be?

May 2013
Question is name DAJE I been having my right side pain below my rib sine 09/07/13 it fell like label pain. I been the hospital twice and my Physician .....could this be gallstone and one can't see it they did CT and ULTRASOUND they can't find anything it hunt so so bad went eat all time I fell like DIEING
Posted Thu, 17 Oct 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Symptomatic treatment

Detailed Answer:
Usually gall bladder stones will be visualized in ultrasound or at least CT can detect them.
So the other possible causes for your pain are:
- Cholecystitis, that is inflammation of the gall bladder.
Possibly with minimal inflammation, that signs may not be detected in ultrasound.
-Acid peptic disease with pain radiating to the right sub coastal region.
So, with your doctor's advice, take antacids and anti spasmodic drugs.
Possibly this can help.
If not taking one course of antibiotics can help in decreasing the inflammation.
If the pain still persists you may need one diagnostic and therapeutic abdominal laparoscopy.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion.