Having shortness of breath, pain in chest, lung and below collar bone. How to get cured?

Hi, I have a pain in my top left chest. Below my collar bone my lung has been hurting for about a month. the pain is dull and sometimes throbbs a bit, hurts a little when i take a XXXXXXX breath, my left chest feels tight when i breathe. I am ex smoker of 14 years. sometimes when i put pressure or move my body i can feel my left lung area go tight and a dull pain occurs. if i lean on my left side i can feel something throbbing. occassionally i can feel the pain on my back but again feels like its coming from my lung. occassional shortness of breath and sometimes i dont notice the sensation but it comes back, i can feel my left chest when i move and it feels tight almost like there is something in there causing pain as i move.
Posted Tue, 30 Oct 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 1 hour later
Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX
After going through your query, I would like to comment the following:

1. Yo seem to have suffered from an episode of respiratory infection in childhood and your smoking history hasn't helped the cause since then.

2. You are having chest pain since 1 month increased on inspiration.

3. You need to get yourself clinically evaluated in consultation with a pulmonologist.

4. Investigations that would be required at the outset are chest xray pa view, a thorugh clinical examination and spirometry.

5. Possibilities include infection, a sequelea of the old infection (eg. fibrosis, bronchiectasis, etc.), obstructive airway disease or considering your smoking status it is required that malignancy be ruled out.

6. Further line of management will be decided by your evaluation findings.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any.
Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra