Having shivering , cold and cough. Diabeteic and feeling tightness in chest. Took Gas-Ex for bloating and burning in stomach. Advise?

My husband has sever shivering and says he is very cold it start. He took a shower and it subsided somewhat. After he was out of the shower he started shivering all over The shivering hurts even when he touches his body. He has a cough that is persistent. He feels tight in the middle of his chest. He has diabetes which is under control. He takes 2 metformin. Last night he had a burning in his throat and drinking didn't relieve the burning. He is constantly clearing his throat. He took Gas-Ex for bloating and burning of the stomach last night. He just took his blood sugar and it is fine.
Posted Wed, 21 Aug 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Aparna Amritsagar 1 hour later
Diabetic patients are more prone to infections than the normal populations. Your husband must have developed a doctor, so that he can examine your husband's throat & chest to rule out any infection. In the mean while he can do warm salt water or betadine gargles that will help to decrease irritation in throat. He should take bland diet with plenty of oral fluids since he is having burning sensation in stomach.
I hope I have answered your query, in case you have any further doubt, I will be happy to help you.