Having severe rectal pain and pressure. What could be the cause?

I have been awakened during the night in the last couple of weeks with severe rectal pain and pressure that lasts for
about 10-15 minutes. Time is the only way I get relief. Is it of concern?
Posted Fri, 16 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 1 hour later

I am Dr XXXXXXX and I will try my level best to address your needs.

Based on the information you are having a sever rectal pain that last for about 15 min and only time can give you a relief and want to know should you be concern.

The most common cause of having rectal pain like this is Calcium deficiency in body which will induce the muscle spasm.

Its not a major life threatening concern, but its hard so I would like to advice you how to get a relief.

1) I need you to take a calcium supplement if not taking them.

2) Here is the name of rectal cream ZCAINE or TOPICAINE and you can apply it to rectum to relive the pain. (Its a Over the counter cream so no prescription is needed)

3) Mean while taking "SITZ BATH" where a warm water is collected in the tub/ container and you need to sit down on it in such a fashion so that your rectum/anus is getting warmth from the water. This will decrease the incidence of the spasms.

Please let me know if you need me to clarify any thing

Hope it helps.