Having severe pain on arm muscle area, side of chest and breast. Suffer stiffness in arms and joints. X-rays and mammogram normal. Guide?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
I have been having severe pain in my arm muscle area, my side of breast and my chest it feels like sharp needles jumping around sticking me from one side to the other I cant sleep at night when i lay down I get stiff in my arm joints and my fingers are swollen also i went from a size 8 1/2 ring to a 12. My under arms feel swollen and very sore. I have had numerous different x-rays and also a mammogram they all were negative.
Posted Mon, 15 Jul 2013 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

As your symptoms are nonspecific you need a detailed study of many systems.
You once consult general physician, get examined and go for investigations like:
-Complete blood picture
-Serum proteins, RA factor
-Renal function tests
-Liver function tests
-Thyroid profile
-FSH, LH, estrogen and progesterone
-ECG
With this workup possibly the cause for your problem can be identified and treated.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Having severe pain on arm muscle area, side of chest and breast. Suffer stiffness in arms and joints. X-rays and mammogram normal. Guide? 26 hours later
I have had blood work done first it also itch sometimes and one of my breast drain milk like

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
You once go for serum prolactin levels estimation.
In case of hyperprolactinemia milk secretion can be seen in non-pregnant women.
If the serum prolactin levels are abnormally elevated, better to rule out pituitary macro or micro adenomas with your doctor's advice.
They can present with neurological symptoms.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.