Having severe pain in leg. What treatment should be done for pinching nerve?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
What treatment for a pinching nerve that is causing and radiating a lot of pain in my legs, I do not drive, so moving around with "heavy" legs make life difficult.
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 2 hours later
Thanks for posting your query

Your symptoms suggestive of sciatica pain. Compression of sciatic nerve cause s this type of radiating pain in Lower limb.
Although pain associated with sciatica can be severe, most cases resolve with just conservative treatment in few weeks.
Treatment line is same as for your previous one, that is mainly physiotherapy. So I advice you to continue medicine as advice by your doctor and do regular physiotherapy.

Hope this will helpful to you.