Having severe cramping on right side, occasional chest pain like heartburn. Suggest?

I'm having severe cramping on and off only in my right side. I'm also having the occasional chest pain that I'm guessing is just heartburn. These symptoms started during a trip to Vegas. The XXXXXXX food we ate might be the culprit.

Thanks for your assistance. These side cramps are painful enough that they have me a little spooked.
Posted Sun, 18 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Basically you have two complaints.
1.. Off and on right sided cramps in abdomen
2.. Occasional chest pain.
Since there are many organs like appendix,liver,kidney,gall bladder,pancreas.stomach which can cause such types of pain in your right side of abdomen,you require examination and investigations like blood tests,urine tests and ultrasound abdomen and if required may be a CT abdomen for diagnosing the cause of your pain.
As far as occasional chest pains are concerned it could be hyper acidity,acid reflux etc.
You may take a proton pump inhibitor like PANTOPROZOLE 40 mg once a day for few days and see the response.If your symptoms subside,then it confirms the suspicion.In case your symptoms are not resolved,then a possible upper GI endoscopy should reveal the exact cause.
The exact treatment for both of your symptoms can be outlined only after a proper diagnosis is made.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck