Having severe abdomen pain. Diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. Took mebeverine and buscapan for IBS. How do I improve my health?

Hi I have been ill for some time now , I came of the pill July last year and gradually became very ill, very tired gained weight and severe abdomin pain to the right of my belly button on my side and in my lower back , I was diagnosed with pcos and started in metformin however I could not tolerate this and after 4 months was taken off this , the pain continues and where the pain is situated I was started on mebeverine and buscapan for ibs however this is not helping the pain , I also have no cycle and bad acne and generally very miserable , I can also hardly touch my breasts as they are very painful , please not I am also hypothyroid diagnosed 3 years ago on 125 levothyroxine , any advise on how to proceed with improving my health with be appreciated
Posted Thu, 22 Aug 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 2 hours later
It is important to know how your thyroid is functioning at this point. Do you have a recent set of labs? I recommend the following tests to assess your thyroid function as well as hormonal status in view of the symptoms and complaints above (weight gain, acne, lack of periods, PCOS)

TPO antibodies
Thyroglobulin antibodies
Free T4
total T4
Total T3
T3 resin uptake
Total Testosterone
Lipid profile
Follow-up: Having severe abdomen pain. Diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. Took mebeverine and buscapan for IBS. How do I improve my health? 51 minutes later
Thank u for ur reply, I do not have results , all that has been confirmed to me is that my thyriod is within normal range by taking the 125 levothyroxine daily, would I be able to ask my Gp to carry out these tests or be referred to a specialist, this is something that I feel needs to happen as I cannot carry on feeling so unwell
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 15 hours later
You can request your GP but if (s)he deems appropriate (s)he may consider referral to an endocrinologist who is well versed with endocrine conditions