Having sensation of movement near rib cage, no pain. Worried

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Sir , i'm havin movement sensation near liver (rib cage) and in the right side of stomach
it's not painful but i'm worried
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
The description which you have given goes in favor of a mild bowel movement little short of colic. If it is restricted to the right side then I would suggest you to undergo a ultrasound of the abdomen. But as you are very young and do not have significant abdominal symtoms the chances of it being serious is very less.There is high likelihood of it being just peristaltic movements of the large intestine. As long as your bowel movements are regular and painless then the chance of a colonic problem is less.
I hope this answers your doubt.
Follow-up: Having sensation of movement near rib cage, no pain. Worried 4 hours later
Thank u Sir for ur regard.
I m having a fatty stomach and i do not exercise as i m having a busy schedule in college. Can the problems related to gastrointestinal diseases be controlled or fixed by doing regular morning exercises and taking healthy diet?
My height is 5 feet 5 inches and the body weight is 64 -65 kgs .As i mentioned above i m having extra fat on the abdomen slightly, what are possible risks of developing complications.I never had a stomach pain or loose motion .I m only having gastritis problem regularly but not so seriously.
Please answer as soon as possible.
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 18 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
Taking into consideration your height and weight I feel that regular exercising in the form of walking for 45 minutes along with a balanced diet comprising of high protein ,moderate carbohydrate and low fat diet will help you a lot. You do not require any medications besides food additives or vitamins. With this protocol once your belly fat decreases you will feel better.
I hope this answers your query.