Having recurring pain in upper left abdomen and bowel issues. How to get relief?

ENT Specialist
I have recurring pain in my upper left abdomen. It protrudes slightly, enlarges when I eat sometimes. I have some bowel issues and easy bruising.
Posted Fri, 3 Aug 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 3 hours later
Thanks for writing in,
We could be looking at several possibilities here. These would include peptic ulcer disease ( which has persisted for quite some time), a left bowel problem or maybe even a splenic condition.
At this stage, the best step forward would be to see a physician and get an ultrasound of the abdomen done. This will help us rule most of the conditions mentioned above. Till then, the following measures would help produce relief:
a.     Avoid excessive caffeine, smoking and alcohol
b.     Take Tablet Prevacid OTC 1 tablet one hour before breakfast for 3-4 days
c.     Take small meals every 3-4 hours
d.     Take plenty of fluids
e.     Take fiber XXXXXXX diet. So include plenty of fruits, vegetables and whole grains in your diet.

Let me know if I can address any more concerns.