Having rashes on back, shoulder and waist. What could this be?

My husband has a rash on his back. Pencil size spots that are not itchy and are not raised. In fact I noticed it before he did. What could this be? He's pretty healthy. Maybe a bit high colesteral. I don't know what else to add. The rash is from his shoulders down the center of his back to his waist.
Posted Wed, 22 Aug 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 28 minutes later
Dear Patient,
Rash can be of various types and it is difficult to give a likely diagnosis by your history.
It would be really helpful if you could please send in a couple of photgraphs so that i can give you a more comprehensive answer.
Though the area and history suggests that it is likely to be Tinea Versicolor- a minor fungal infection.

Dr.Rohit Batra
Follow-up: Having rashes on back, shoulder and waist. What could this be? 8 hours later
I don't have any pictures but I checked in on him and he says the rach is almost gone. So thank you for your help. Sincerely, XXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 10 hours later
Dear Patient,
You are always welcome at XXXXXXX

Dr.Rohit Batra