Having problems with ear pressure and motion sickness. Is motion sickness a side effect of SNRI withdrawal?

Is motion sickness a side effect of SNRI withdrawal. I have been having problems with ear pressure and motion sickness which seems to correlate with when i forget my SNRI
Posted Fri, 8 Nov 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 2 days later
Brief Answer:
You might be having SNRI withdrawal symptoms

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in to us.

I have read through your query in detail.

SSRIs and other agents. SSRIs block synaptic reuptake of serotonin. Serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs) such as venlafaxine and duloxetine inhibit both serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake.

Up to 30% of patients who stop taking SSRIs/ SNRIs develop discontinuation symptoms. Six symptom clusters—disequilibrium, sensory symptoms, general somatic symptoms, sleep disturbance, GI symptoms, and affective symptoms—characterize the SSRI discontinuation syndrome.

The four most common symptoms—in decreasing order of frequency—are dizziness, nausea, lethargy, and headache.

I hope this helps.
Do write back in case of doubts.

Dr.A.Rao Kavoor