Having problem in bowel movement. Stomach feels full. Not cured by cremalax. What to do?

Hi, My age is 23. Weight 69 Kg. Height 179 CM. I having motion problem for last three days. I drinkng 1 liter water daily early morning and starts to take banana from yesterday, but still the same problem. Now my stomach is full.
I met a doctor and as per him I had cremalax tablet last night. But still facing the same. Please advise...
Posted Sun, 7 Oct 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 23 minutes later
Welcome to HCM!
Thanks for posting your query. I am happy to address your questions. Going longer than three days without a bowel movement is too long. After three days, the stool or feces become harder and more difficult to pass. Kindly drink two to four extra glasses of water a day and try warm liquids, especially in the morning. Add fruits (like apples with high fibres) and vegetables (leafy) to your diet. Eat prunes and/or XXXXXXX cereal. If needed, use a very mild stool softener or laxative (such as Milk of Magnesia). The best and fastest way is an enema (with procto clysis) or put a dulcolax suppository in rectum. Also, take fibril which is husk (2 teaspoon daily) to add roughage if inadequate. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be happy to help. Thanks