Having prickly sensation on lower breasts and skipped heartbeat. Cause?

Dec 2012

I have been having strange prickly sensations unser both my breast. Now I have experienced 2 episodes of my heart skipping a beat and the sensation at the same
Posted Sun, 15 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Likely suffering from a coronary artery diseases

Detailed Answer:

It is possible that your problem might be coming from the heart or else you might be suffering from anxiety disorder.
Coronary artery diseases/angina pectoris could be responsible for the pricking sensation under your breast which can also manifest as palpitations (feeling of heart skipping as you said). You will need some bed rest and book an appointment later on to see a cardiologist who can take a closer look at your heart condition (whether good or unhealthy), then decide on which treatment you can receive.
If heart diseases is excluded, then it might be possible that you are suffering from anxiety disorder, which can be treated with anxiolytics and psychotherapy.
Other possible causes of your symptoms might originate from your lungs but your description might be able to just rule that out.
Do book an appointment with a doctor for check up.

Hope this helps
Dr. Nsah
Follow-up: Having prickly sensation on lower breasts and skipped heartbeat. Cause? 1 hour later
Thank you for your response. I do want to add that I have been suffering with gerd and have been evaluated i the past . several timea in past 2 yrs. I have had heart monitor and ekg's which have been normal except for thw benign skipped heart beats. this prickly feeling under both breast have been a new symptom the past week. so should I be reevaluated or just believe ot is anxiety. I have suffered with anxiety attacks recwntly becausee of very bad gerd pains and skips in heart and arm pain.
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Referred pain from GERD could be possible

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for updating,

Referred pain from GERD could be another possible cause given that the pain exist below both breast and arm. You will need reevaluation since it is also possible that pancreatitis could be another possible cause. Your doctor/s will need to rule out first physical/organic causes before actually considering the possibility of anxiety being the cause of those pains. I suggest you see a doctor again as you might have been evaluated before in the past for heart condition, but could have developed in due time.

Hope this helps and wish you the best
Dr. Nsah