Ask a Urologist   »  

Having patches and skin rush at the base of penis. Itches with sweating and urination. What is it?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
Im having patches and skin rush in the base of my penis and it itching when swty and when peeing I only have that on the base of tge penis is being there for3wk
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 5 hours later
Brief Answer: It is due to fungal infection. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts and photograph that you have posted it appears that you have what is called as Ring worm infection at the base of the penis and shaft of the penis. Please take anti fungal medication like Fluconozole orally twice daily along with topical anti fungal jelly like Mecanozole for local application over affected area. Ensure to wash your genitals with warm water twice daily . Wash your inner wares in boiling hot water mixed with antiseptic lotion like Dettol . This should get cured within a week. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Having patches and skin rush at the base of penis. Itches with sweating and urination. What is it? 43 hours later
im seing this today on the head I have been using coconut oil

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Coconut oil will not help at all. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up. Coconut oil will not help at all . Please take the medication suggested in my reply earlier. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.