Having pain on right side, lower back and stomach. Help?

General Surgeon
Question
I have had pain in my right side low down for months, its getting worse, its now starting to hurt on left side, my lower back hurts, and my stomach, the pain on my right side is making my right leg hurt, I am in constant pain, I have seen a consultant at hospital year ago he said it was my lower bowel, im in so much pain, fed up going doc, s I know my own body and think and I think it, s something elsealthough I dont know what please can you help
Posted Fri, 18 Oct 2013 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You should be investigated

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you for posting in XXXXXXX

Pain in the lower part of the abdomen on right side is commonly due to Appendicitis.If the position of the Appendix is behind the caecum which is the starting of large bowel,then the pain will radiate to the leg due to involvement of underlying muscle.

So,you have to rule out this with Ultrasound abdomen.If it is inconclusive,you have to get CT scan of abdomen.These investigations also show whether there is Right kidney stone or not,which can also cause right sided abdominal pain.

As you had undergone few surgeries before,pain can be due to adhesions between bowel or between bowel and abdominal wall.This adhesions are very difficult to diagnose.The adhesions may cause left sided abdominal pain and also through out abdomen

If all the investigations are normal,it is better to consult your surgeon and ask for Diagnostic laparoscopy.Here,the interior of the abdomen is visualised with key hole method.

Hope i answered your query.

If you have any questions,i will clarify further.

Wish you good health

Follow-up: Having pain on right side, lower back and stomach. Help? 3 hours later
Thank you for your answer, do you think I could have ovarian cancer

Brief Answer:
It can't be ovarian cancer.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Abdominal pain does not suggest ovarian cancer.

Simple test like Ultrasound abdomen will confirm the status of the ovaries.

Please get it done and post me the report.

I will clarify.

Follow-up: Having pain on right side, lower back and stomach. Help? 2 hours later
Ok but it isnt just abdominal pain, I have severe pain in the pelvis lower back pain my leg realy hurts I can barely walk I have looked up symptons for ovarian cancer, I seem to have most of them, I am worried, im going to see my gp monday and asking for 125 blood test, I will let you know the out come thank you

Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Waiting for your Blood test report

Detailed Answer:
Hi

In ovarian cancer, ovaries attain huge size. Other symptoms are non specific.

Any how, please let me know the blood test report.

But, a simple test like Ultrasound will tell you the status of ovaries.