Having pain in wrist moving to elbow and also stomach ache, back ache. Have gall stones. Suggest?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi, I am having a weird pain in my left wrist that moved up to my left elbow. I also am experiencing some stomach ache (mid-Center) and back pain across the middle of my back. I am 23 years old, female, slightly over weight, under a lot of stress as my mom just passed away. I do have gallstones, consult for surgery is oct. 22.
Posted Thu, 10 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Moustafa Saeed 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
See my detail answer please

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thank you for your question.

The pain you are having in the wrist which radiates to elbow could be coming from either one of the following:
1- Inflammation of one of the tendons in your forearm
2- Trapped nerve in your wrist (cervical spine (neck)

The stomach and back pain could be coming from the gallstones or might be stress related following your mother loss.

How long the symptoms in the arm being going for?
Do you have associated numbness or tingling in the hand/forearm, and if so which fingers?
Are the symptoms worse at night or comes and goes or continuous?
Is the pain in your arm worse on moving it or not related?

Answers to above questions will help me in answering your question better, hence I request you to write back to me with the same to help you better.

Best wishes,