Having pain in wrist. Arms feel weak. Had lyme disease. Cure?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
I am having shoulder needle like pain and wrist pain at the same time. My left arm feels weak most of the time. What do you think tis can be. I had lyme disease in july of last year.
Posted Tue, 11 Jun 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Binod Kumar Pati 4 hours later
Thanks for posting your query to XXXXXXX
I hope you have completed the appropriate treatment for adequate duration for the previous episode of lyme disease.
There occurs in very rare instances something called Post lyme disease syndrome leading to similar features as described by you.
Following appropriately treated Lyme disease, a small percentage of patients continue to have subjective symptoms, primarily musculoskeletal pain, neurocognitive difficulties, or fatigue, in some instances, for years. Such patients do not get benefit from additional courses of antibiotic treatment.
The best advice for you will be to visit a neurologist for a detailed examination. Symptomatic management is the recommendation, if no other neurological deficit if present.

Wish you good health.
Contact, if you need more information. I will be happy to provide.
Follow-up: Having pain in wrist. Arms feel weak. Had lyme disease. Cure? 6 hours later
I have been to neurologist and he found nothing wrong. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Binod Kumar Pati 37 minutes later
You are welcome.
It's my pleasure to provide health care in any form to patients with infectious diseases.
All the best
God bless you.