Having pain in shoulder. Was playing criket. Feeling jerk in arm and shoulder. What to do?

hi , i am facing a pain in my left shoulder whenever i do some physical exercise , basically i play cricket n its my bowling arm , i gave a rest for about 6 months but when i started again , the jerk in shoulder and elbow is back , please suggest what to do , i want to keep playing , i am also a part of the team here at office .
Posted Sun, 27 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
An MRI scan would be needed

Detailed Answer:

Pain in shoulder for such a long duration should not be neglected.

You may have to get an MRI scan to rule out major joint pathology or ligament injury. Treatment of such problems would include more then rest.

MRI scan would help to identify the condition and help to formulate the treatment necessary.