Having pain in lower portion of back. Suggest the cure?

I am having back pain. To get relieved from this, I started going to gym and doing abs exercises and jogging. It relieved me a bit. But when I sit at home for work, i feel pain in lower portion of back. I do not use chair. Either I sit on floor or on bed. I am having this since some 15-20 days.
After exercise I feel relaxed but when I sit for work, it develops again. I appreciate your consultation.

Posted Sat, 26 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Alekhya 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
measures detailed below

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your query and understood your concerns. I will give some suggestions to you which may give you some relief. As your back pain duration is less than 6 weeks it is acute and such type of back aches will get resolved within few weeks from time they start.

-The first thing I can suggest is acetaminophen which is recommended for acute attacks and not used for prolonged periods

-I can also suggest you muscle relaxant(carisoprodol) if the pain is not relieved by acetaminophen.
-I recommend increasing general physical activity.
-Spinal manipulation therapy also plays an important role for the cure.
-Consultation with your GP is necessary to rule out other organic causes like renal calculi and muscle pulls.

Hope this answers your query.Take care.

Follow-up: Having pain in lower portion of back. Suggest the cure? 1 hour later
Thanks Doctor.
Answered by Dr. Alekhya 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
you are welcome

Detailed Answer:
Its our pleasure to help you here...Hope you get well soon...