Having pain in groin in front of thighs and aching. Had light period after long time. Treatment?

I have a pain coming from my groin down the front of my thigh, it aches and comes and goes. i also had a bleed, like a very light period last week and i haven't had a period for 3 years.
Posted Fri, 13 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Post menopausal bleeding to be evaluated

Detailed Answer:

Such pain is commonly noticed in calcium and mineral deficiency in women nearing menopause. If the pain is mild without any redness or tenderness you can try applying some analgesic cream.

Also during your postmenopausal period you need calcium and Vitamin D3 supplementation for helping this type of pain.

The bleed after three years is to be considered as Post menoapusal bleeding and it needs to be evalauted, though its a light bleeding its better to get evaluated by an OBGYN specialist, they can advise you a pelvic scan to know the endometrial thickness, any uterine or ovarian problem.

If your gynaec examination is normal, then your pain in the groin to thigh could be unrelated to gynecological problem.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well.

Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile