Having pain in ear and itching around temple region. Any relief?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am having an inflammation near my ear and temple region of head. The temple region is itching. The inflammation near ear pains when pressed.
Posted Wed, 16 Jan 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
Since there is a pain on pressing the ear, an infection of the middle ear is likely.
The most common causes of such pain are
Recurrent scalp infections
Local cyst
Lymph nodes swelling
This needs systemic antibiotics to take care of the infection. Kindly get yourself examined by a ENT Specialist so that he/she may examine you and find out the cause.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Having pain in ear and itching around temple region. Any relief? 16 hours later
I have consulted a local doctor. He has prescribed antibiotics. In addition to the lymph node swelling(most probably- Doctor mentioned it as a cyst) I have two inflammation on the temple of my forehead. It initially was itching but gradually has become red and has a rash sensation. Please let me know if both the inflammation(ear and head temple) are connected.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 7 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
The inflammation in both the areas may or may not be connected. A direct examination is mandatory to identify any connection between the two. Since you have started with the antibiotics, these are likely to subside in next 5-7 days.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.