Having pain in anal area. Diagnosed with initial stage of perineal abscess. Suggest medication

Sep 2012

Hallo Doctor , I have pain in my anal area , I checked up with a physician and he said it is initial stage of pherinial abcess. Pl suggest suitable dose of antibiotics
Posted Sat, 20 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 41 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query here.

Look, you are suffering from perineal abscess.

This condition is treated by conservative approach, where medicines are preferred and surgical approach where the abscess is drained surgically. The decision depends upon the size, shape, and other clinical features.

But, you can start a good broad spectrum antibiotic like combination of amoxicillin and clavulanic acid. If this medicine fails to give any result, you have to consult with a general surgeon regarding draining the abscess.

Apart from this antibiotic, you have to take a diclofenac or aceclofenac group of drug to control the pain. You have to take a pantoprazole group of drug to control gastrointestinal side effects of these drugs.

Besides, you have to do a fasting and postprandial blood sugar level estimation. If any suspicion occurs, do a HbA1C test. That will show the glycemic control for the last 3 months.

Here we cannot say the exact dose and frequency of these drugs you need. For exact dosing and frequency, consult with your treating doctor. Because, you need a prescription.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.