Having pain in abdomen and uterus after sexual intercourse. What could be causing this?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
pain I had sexual intercourse and since then have been having abdominal pain that is sharp and throbbing in my uterus could something be wrong this has never happened before
t took a bath thinking it would ease the pain but only made the shooting pain worse and move further up what could cause this
Posted Thu, 2 May 2013 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 19 minutes later
According to your description there is possibility post coital tear.
This can occur due to excessive force used or due to disparity between the size of the genital organs.
Usually this will subside soon.
You can take analgesics to get relief from pain.
And maintain abstinence for few days which will give time for the tear to heal.
If the pain is severe you better consult gynecologist once and get examined to find out the location and depth of the tear or to find out any other possible cause of the pain and take treatment accordingly.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Having pain in abdomen and uterus after sexual intercourse. What could be causing this? 3 days later
woke up this morning and I had such bad abdominal pain I couldn't get out of bed I'm late on my period and have had constipation but to day was expesialy weird cus I had no fluids and lots of dryness in my vaginal

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 12 hours later
Better to consult gynecologist and get examined once as you are having severe pain. The pain could be due to constipation or there may be some possibility of pelvic infection.
You didn't mention about your age or parity, if the delay in period is due to the possibility of pregnancy better to confirm.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Having pain in abdomen and uterus after sexual intercourse. What could be causing this? 1 hour later
I'm 24

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 57 minutes later
As you are in reproductive age group, if you had unprotected intercourse around the time of ovulation there is possibility of pregnancy.
So better to consult gynecologist and get examined to find out the cause for your problem and the possibility of pregnancy.