Having pain during urination, swollen urethra opening and hard penis. What is the problem?

Nephrologist
Question
Hi I have pain during urination and my urethra opening is swollen. My penis has a bit of hardness. They did test and ruled out the STIs and I do not have an infection. Everything is normal. Just wondering what it could be? It has been this way for a week now. I did have a sexual partner who had a five oclock sadow and he was rubbing my penis head on it. It hurt very much but I let him do it. could this have caused trama to my urethra? The thing is that was 4 days before it started burning and swelling. So that would be to long for that to have caused it right? Please help. My doctor has refered my to a urologist. They gave me an appointment but the fastest they can see me is within a month!! thank you
Posted Sat, 1 Sep 2012 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 7 hours later
Hello

Thanks for the query

I need to know a little more in order to come to a better conclusion

1. Do have fever?
2. Is there any change in the colour or smell of urine?
3. Did you pass pus in the urine?
4. Do you have difficulty in initiating uriniation?

Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply

Follow-up: Having pain during urination, swollen urethra opening and hard penis. What is the problem? 17 hours later
1. Do have fever? No 2. Is there any change in the colour or smell of urine? No 3. Did you pass pus in the urine? No pus 4. Do you have difficulty in initiating uriniation? have had a little difficutly (slow start) in the past 2 yrs. It takes about 3 seconds before starting.

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 8 hours later
Hello

Thanks for the query

It looks like you are suffering from urethritis which is nothing but inflammation of the urethra. Since you have no symptoms of an infection only anti inflammatory like levocetrizine can help. Avoid harsh contact like beard to the sensitive urethra from next time. Seek help from a urologist, he might want to see the urethra through a scopy to rule out any strictures

Starting for urine at 3 seconds followed by good flow of urine till empty bladder is normal. Do not worry about it.

I am happy you have ruled out all STDs, but please engage in safe sex from next time

I hope I have answered your query, if you have any further ones I will be happy to get back

I wish you good health