Having pain below ribs when applied pressure in that area followed by burps. What to do?

Question
hello doctor, my mother has been having plain below the right side of her ribs. the pain extends from the front to the back. Pain is experienced only when there is some pressure in that area and followed by burps. She also feels like a catch in that area while bending. Experiencing this the past five days.
Posted Mon, 4 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Gall bladder disease

Detailed Answer:

Based on the description of the pain your mother has, I suspect it to be a gall bladder pathology.

It could be a stone in the gall bladder or inflammation of the same. I would recommend a Ultrasound scan of the abdomen immediately and consult a Gastroentrologist for the management.

regards,

Follow-up: Having pain below ribs when applied pressure in that area followed by burps. What to do? 5 hours later
thanks, one of the doctor has recommended a test. attacting the prescription. is this a similar test?

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 38 hours later
Brief Answer:
No

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

No, the test in the image is not the one I suggested. The prescription states a test to rule out diabetes.

I suggest her to get a Ultrasound scan of the abdomen.

regards,