Ask a Urologist   »  

Having pain below belly button and gas pressure. Took antibiotic. What treatment should be done?

having pain below belly button, not sure if prostate, bladder or colon as I have issues with all three since all are sol close i think even gas pressure, puts pressure on bladder and prostate. I took some antibotics amoxocillan, and after 4 days getting better ?? how can I tell which s causeing the problem no pain with urnition urine may be a touch cloudy and a touch dark, no diareha .
Posted Thu, 19 Jul 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later

Thanks for writing.
At your age and with your symptoms, I prefer to do uroflowmetry to check for obstruction and scan of the bladder. If these are normal then it is most probably due to intestinal problem and can be tackled easily with medicines. You may need a medical review to check the diverticulitis problem at present.
Whatever it be, it is treatable and there is nothing of much concern.
Hope I answered your query, kindly get back for doubts if any. Get well soon.
DR G Srinivasan