Ask a Urologist   »  

Having pain at the base of the penis. Feels like cuts when foreskin pulled back. Help?

Psychiatrist
Question
I have a slight problem around my penis area. For around 2 weeks now, I have been getting quite a lot of pain around the base of the head of my penis. Before and during sex. Once my foreskin is pulled back where the skin rolls up I have been getting small cuts kind of like paper cuts but a little wider around the outside of my penis. These cuts are quite painful and sting quite a lot. They heal after a week of no masturbation or sex. But the the skin becomes very very tight and once i try to pull back / or my foreskin comes back these cuts break through again ( like cracked lips ) and the area becomes quite swelled and red for a few days. Im wondering if theirs anything i can do. This has never happened before and only occured in the past few months. Im 34years old and only had a handful of sexual partners and have been tested for chlamydia and the results where negative (if that helps)
Posted Mon, 10 Jun 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Nehal Shah 32 minutes later
Thanks for using healthcare magic.
I have gone through your history.

It seems that you have developed local infection at foreskin. You must rule out sexually transmitted diseases other than chlamydia as you have multiple sexual partners.

You should consult Dermatologist. Doctor will guide you to rule out infections and warts if any. Treatment will be directed as per cause.

Please avoid having sex until it heals completely.

Thanks.

Follow-up: Having pain at the base of the penis. Feels like cuts when foreskin pulled back. Help? 8 minutes later
I have a slight problem around my penis area. For around 2 weeks now, I have been getting quite a lot of pain around the base of the head of my penis. Before and during sex. Once my foreskin is pulled back where the skin rolls up I have been getting small cuts kind of like paper cuts but a little wider around the outside of my penis. These cuts are quite painful and sting quite a lot. They heal after a week of no masturbation or sex. But the the skin becomes very very tight and once i try to pull back / or my foreskin comes back these cuts break through again ( like cracked lips ) and the area becomes quite swelled and red for a few days. Im wondering if theirs anything i can do. This has never happened before and only occured in the past few months. Im 34years old

Answered by Dr. Nehal Shah 6 minutes later

Thanks for reverting to me.

As I have replied, you have infection around base of head of penis possibly, sexually transmitted disease. Please consult dermatologist or venereal disease specialist.

you should also wash the area regularly to remove smegma collected under the foreskin.

Feel free to revert to me in case if you have further query.

Thanks.

Follow-up: Having pain at the base of the penis. Feels like cuts when foreskin pulled back. Help? 11 minutes later
dear sir,

weekly once or twice im having intercourse some times its cracking but some times it ll be normal and im diabetic starting stage

Answered by Dr. Nehal Shah 3 hours later
Thanks for reverting to me with additional information.

It may be due to tight foreskin but one has to rule out sexually transmitted infection as you also have foul smell and pain also.

I do not think diabetes has any role in your condition.

For tight foreskin, you may take opinion of urosurgeon.
Thanks.