Having pain and soreness on inner buttocks. Have hemmorroids and constipation. Any cure?

General Surgeon
Question
Hi, i have pain/soreness on my left inner buttocks about an inch or so above anus. It hurts when I sit and walk mostly but somewhat when I stand. When I touch it there is a firmess in this area which I don't feel on the other butt cheek. I have hemmorroids which I'm currently treating with over the counter cream. I also had slight constipation but took over counter treatment which resloved this issue.
Posted Sun, 25 Nov 2012 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 hours later
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

The most possible reason of such symptoms is pilonidal cyst which has been infected and became an abscess. Such condition is caused by hair ingrowth which causes inflammatory process in this area and when infected gets filled with pus. Such abscess is mostly painful, the area of this cyst is hard and red.
The only way to get it treated is an incision and pus removal. It will give temporary relief. To get rid of it permanently surgery is necessary.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.

Follow-up: Having pain and soreness on inner buttocks. Have hemmorroids and constipation. Any cure? 16 hours later
Thank you for your response. They said I have 2 follow-up questions so here is some additional information. There area near my left butt cheek is hard and very tender to touch and painful. It is more oblong in firmness. Maybe 2 inches long by 1 inch. It doesn't have much of a color? It's not red? and I don't see a head to it. It's only slightly different in color from the other side of buttocks. Is that because it hasn't possibly come to that stage yet? I'm thinking I should see a head to it? it's just this sore firm mass/area. Does that still coincide with what you said or are there other likely possibilities? Just trying to consider any other likely options if there are any. Thanks again. I do have antibiotics. Any other suggestions to treat before getting in to see the doctor.

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 51 minutes later
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Lack of color doesnt rule it out. It changes color of the skin when reaches surface of it or gets close to it. If the pus is accumulating a little bit deeper, no color change. Moreover not much other possibilities in this area, this one is the most common.
Antibiotics do not penetrate into the abscess at all, so it wont help. It is necessary to make little incision, there is no other way. As you can see, doctor visit is unavoidable.

Regards.