Having ovarian cysts. Want to treat it with duphaston. Diagnosed with aggressive ovulation. How to treat?

I have 2 an ovarian cysts on my left and only ovary and want to treat it with Duphaston how should it be taken ie for how many days and at what stage of my cycle should I start taking them. I took duphaston during pregnancy and would like to get pregnant again but first I need to get rid of my cysts. Should I wait for cysts to go with my next period or start treatment? I doubt I can get pregnant until I get rid of them. My gyne told me I suffered an aggressive ovulation ,
Posted Mon, 13 Aug 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 4 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
Let me tell you something that ovarian cysts should never be taken lightly. Although at your age there is very little chance of having a cyst that is not benign but still one should not plan treatment without consulting a Gynecologist.
Duphaston is a hormone pill which should not be taken without prescription.
I suggest you should see a Gynecologist & have a detailed evaluation of your cyst including ultrasound scan & if indicated some blood tests to find out the nature of cyst before starting any treatment.
Hope you get well soon. Please write back if you have any question. I will be glad to respond.
Best Regards.