Having numbness in hand and also blurred vision. Cause?

I would like to know the reason for a numbness in left hand side of body, and blurred vision. I experienced this yesterday for 20 mins. I then had an MRI done last night, which states that it is normal.
I have two questions-
1) I would like to know more about the observations on the MRI report
2) Reason for the blurred vision and numbness

I can attach a scan copy of the report.

Posted Fri, 12 Jul 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Prasad 25 hours later

Yes, please attach your reports here using the site's uploader. Alternatively you can mail a copy to YYYY@YYYY with subject as "Attn:Dr. Prasad"

The reasons of transient numbness and blurred vision may be a very uneventful condition or a serious problem which needs complete attention. I would like you to describe the events that occurred before the numbness and blurred vision; Was the improvement gradual or abrupt?
Was there history of similar symptoms in the past?
Do you have history of diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol?

Awaiting your reply...

Follow-up: Having numbness in hand and also blurred vision. Cause? 13 hours later
Thanks for your response. I have uploaded the MRI report that was taken on the same evening as the event.

Answered by Dr. Prasad 11 minutes later

Your reports says that there are some non specific signal changes in parts of the brain. These non specific changes are not responsible for the events that occurred a couple of days ago.

As signal changes on scans are to be correlated to medical history, I would be able to explain them better if you can provide more details especially about the events that happened two days ago as well as about your past.
Have you had similar symptoms in the past? Do you suffer from chronic/frequent headaches?
Do you have recurrent numbness/weakness of a part of the body?

Looking forward to the complete details...