Ask a Dentist   »  

Felt numbness on tongue. What is the cure and precaution to be taken?

Hello Dr. twice I have woken up and the very tip of my tongue was numb and it went a way minutes after I woke up as if it had fallen asleep. No other symptoms. The two episodes were months apart. Does this sound like something you have heard before ?It doesn't sound serious with the absence of any other symptoms, but I am not a DR.
Posted Sat, 20 Oct 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee 35 minutes later
It is very likely that the problem you have described does not have a organic cause to it. This means that you do not have any disease or disorder as such.
It may be due to stress. I don’t think you should worry about it now. If on the other hand, if you get recurrent numbness lasting longer, you should see a neurologist.
Kindest regards
Dr. S.K.Mukherjee