Having nightmares, dreaming of people attacking brain through brainwaves. Causes and treatment for nightmares?

Yesterday night also there was such incident happened while I was sleeping as huge threatening brainwaves have been received to me while I was sleeping,and I was uncontrolable at that time specially, I felt it is very XXXXXXX and I feel it is being sent by an organized people or group more than 50 people who may be economically or whatever method powerful than me.So if you can tell me any sort of implementation do in such situation/duration for avoid such bad threatening night mares,waves it will be admireable.I meant what to do such time?Eg:listen to radio, etc.
Because, after that I feel some sort of uncomfortableness both mentally and psychical because I feel it was comming to ring a danger, humiliation etc.So I was unable to sleep whole night.
Therefore, I would like to know if such situation happen in the future, how to sleep after such incident and avoid it while happening? etc.
How to stop such issues forever?
Also now, while I am in an awaken also I feel some one or more unknown try to hurt the brain purposely?What is that and how to stop that?
So I would like to know a solution for that too.
I am waiting for your answer.
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Sleep Disorders
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 2 hours later

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Important aspects of your query are:
•     23 year old male
•     Complaints of: Nightmares and feeling that someone trying to hurt your brain purposely.

First of all, your case is not that of a simple nightmare (which is not a serious condition). A daytime feeling that some one or more unknown trying to hurt your brain purposely appears to be your primary problem which is affecting sleep and dream content.

Apart from that, your condition needs urgent attention from a psychiatrist before the condition becomes more serious. In your condition, many other symptoms can co exist which can clear after interview by psychiatrist. In simple terms, you need treatment in form of supportive counselling to give you the strength to understand and fight the current situation and drug treatment to help your brain cope better.

But the good thing is in your case that very effective medicine available to treat your problems but it should be given after physical and psychological examination by psychiatrist in person.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.
Follow-up: Having nightmares, dreaming of people attacking brain through brainwaves. Causes and treatment for nightmares? 6 hours later
Really speaking as I believe and experianced all this problems are due to external people's behaviour ,thoughts,who are living here.Because, when I go to a foreign country and sleep, no matter has been arisen yet and all the problems solve automatically and I had slept so much better sleep without atleast any night mare.But due to my economic situation I am unable to go foreign countries often.I wish I could have such ability.Therefore, I have a doubt is this an inevitable task for take medicine?
what do you think about that issue?
That is why I asked some sort of strategies to avoid such situations that duration at night and sleep better sleep.Is this a matter of lack of security?
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 27 minutes later
Thanks for reverting back.

As your concern may be true but at the same time you need somebody who can understand you and help you sort your issues out.

A psychiatrist can also help you by prescribing some medicines for sleep and teach you some strategies to cope better with the current situation.

I have seen people who have experienced similar problems and medicines can often help them strengthen their coping abilities.

I hope this answers your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

Follow-up: Having nightmares, dreaming of people attacking brain through brainwaves. Causes and treatment for nightmares? 37 hours later
Today also I had same experiance, bur fortunately, I felt that same powerful 50 or more organized people were fighted against that killing brain waves.Sometimes, it may be better,atleast if it happen always as a courageable issue.
Thanks for reverting.

I would strongly advise you to seek consultation and wish you all the best in all your endeavours.

Wish you a happy new year
Dr. Ashish Mittal, MD