Having neck pain. Thyroid test done. What does the value signify?

Female 32 Weight = 73 kg; Height = 5.4 ft;
I got my thyroid test done and the results are as below
TSH = 11.3 MIU/ml; FREE T3 3.34 pg/ml; FREE T4 1.19 ng/dl; THYROGLOBULIN ANTIBODY : 196.68 IU/mL; THYROID MICROSOMAL ANTIBODY : 439.53 IU/mL
No neck swelling. ONLY neck pain
What do these values signify ?
Posted Mon, 6 Aug 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 1 hour later

Your TSH value are increased,free T3 and free T4 are almost normal (values are very high normal) that suggest you have sub clinical hypothyroid.
You have very high thyroid microsomal antibody (normal range 0-34.8 IU/L) and high thyroglobulin antibody (normal value 0-35 IU/L) level

This picture are typical of a disease called Hashimoto's thyroiditis which is very common in your age group.Your report suggest the disease process just started as the disease become more chronic the TSH value tend to rise more and T3 & T4 value becomes down and you then become clinical hypothyroid with all its clinical features feature.

You need thyroxine supplementation so please consult a endocrinologist and start taking thyroxine according to his advice.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health

Dr Sourav Ganguly