Having mild poking sensation in stomach, shoulder and finger tips. How to get relief?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
im having this pain like needle poking in my stomach and ive also got shoulder pains on both side. this has been going on for 2days now. and a mild poking on my finger tips too but thats not really constant
Posted Thu, 25 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
The mild poking sensation that you are feeling is likely to be related to a nerve irritation. The shoulder pain on both the sides can be a muscular pain due to incorrect body posture while working.
Most of the times these symptoms subside on taking a mild pain killers like acetaminophen, having adequate rest and improvisation of the body posture.
The nerve irritation can be relieved by taking Vitamin B 12 supplements.
You can also get yourself evaluated for any electrolyte imbalances if the symptoms are persistent.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Having mild poking sensation in stomach, shoulder and finger tips. How to get relief? 1 hour later
thanks very much for your reply. but the pain in my shoulders is like i had an injection in them 2days ago. thats how i feel now. not really bad but its like i had an injection. and im also coming down with a temperature.
Thanks for further details.
The pain in shoulders with fever seems to be due to muscle soreness associated with a generalised viral infection. The pain is likely to subside with mild pain killers like acetaminophen.
In case the pain persists then you can get some muscle relaxants prescribed from your orthopedician.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Follow-up: Having mild poking sensation in stomach, shoulder and finger tips. How to get relief? 23 hours later
thanks again. one more thing, i use to have an affair(which im very ashamed of) in 2009 and 2010. it ended in 2011(april. and we use to have sex without condom. then the beginning of this year like february my wife started getting dizzy, constant headache and she has had swollen behind her ears since may this year until now. even though ive not slept without condom with my wife for like a year and a half. i was scared that it might slightly b hiv. she went for a blood test like 3weeks ago and the doctors hasnt called her since. then she got a letter today from the doctors that she must book an appointment with the doctor for cervical smear test. this all happened in london. if they havent called for the blood test and im receiving this letter what does that mean?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Since they did not call for a blood test, it is likely that her blood investigations are normal. Cervical smear might be needed as a routine screening. It is not related to an HIV Infection. Please do not worry.
Best regards.