Having mild irritation on perinum area just below the scrotum. Have little std paranoia. Chances of HPV?

Jan 2013

Hi I have some mild irritation on my perinum area just below the scrotum. As I run my finger down that way I feel what I think is a small smooth bump....not sure what it is. In fact the only real irritation comes from when I run my index finger over it. I am 28, XXXXXXX male that has had anal sex (insertive and receptive) before (always with condom)...and my partner, whose junk I've even examined does not have any hpv/warts signs. I am very concerned about HPV.
Naturally, I have a little std paranoia. Or so I've been told by a doctor in a past clinic visit. Any ideas? Mosquito bite? Jock itch? I do frequent the gym regularly and run on a treadmill for an intense 30 mins. Am I losing it or do I have a real problem?
Posted Thu, 16 Aug 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 15 minutes later
1) You should take consultation with skin specialist for rapid diagnosis & recovery.
2) Protected sex using condom offers protection but not 100%. Risk of STD still persist.
3) Presence of irritation with bump indicates some wart infection.
4) Mosquito bite/ jock itch doesn't cause palpable mass. Doing exercise on treadmill doesn't decrease the size of bump.
Post your query if you have.
Best regards,
DR. Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Having mild irritation on perinum area just below the scrotum. Have little std paranoia. Chances of HPV? 13 minutes later
Is there any way to rule out wart infection? Is it defanitley a wart? Or could it possibly be other things?
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 21 minutes later
Any skin disease can be confirmed by only examination so you should consult with dermatologist.
Other possible things may be external piles/ old abscess.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava