Having lump behind ear. Does not hurt. Smells bad. What can be done?

I Have A Lump Behind.My Right Ear. I Noticed It About 6 Years Ago. It Doesn't Hurt, And I Can't Squeeze Anything Out Of It. Smells Pretty Bad, Too. Options?
Posted Wed, 14 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 40 minutes later
From the description it seems, it could be a sebaceous cyst.
A sebaceous cyst is a cyst underneath skin filled with foul smelling cheesy discharge.
Simple drainage of cyst does not lead to resolution. Sebaceous cyst is treated by surgically excising it.
For the same you may consult a Dermatosurgeon or a surgeon. Please do not squeeze or manipulate the cyst as can lead to infection in the same.
Hope that helped.
If possible attach an image of the lesion as it would help me in confirming the diagnosis.
take care