Having lump at the bottom of the abdomen. What can this be?

What is the significance of a lump (ball) of flesh (skin) at the bottom of the abdomen, just above and to the left of the penis?
Posted Mon, 10 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
From the description given I could think of few possibilities. If it is an outgrowth of skin, it could be a skin tag or a giant acrochordon or a papilloma. If its underneath skin, it could be an enlarged lymph node, inguinal hernia, sebaceous cyst, lipoma or an abscess.
I would advise that you XXXXXXX a surgeon to get these possibilities ruled out. Also if you could upload an image of the lesion, I would be in a better position to assist.

Hope that helped.
Wish you good health.