Having lower back pain and tingling fingers. Is this related to spine problem?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I have a lower back pain when I stretch, it gives me a twitch in my left arm have had it for 6 months now but my fingers are tingling now and it won't go away? I was wondering could it be something to do with my spine?
Posted Sat, 17 Nov 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 2 hours later

Nerve root compression in the cervical spine can cause sensory symptoms and back aches. It can be ruled out by a detailed examination and radiological tests - X-ray / MRI scans.

I suggest you to consult an orthopaedician nearby for a detailed examination. He/she can also guide you through X-ray/MRI of the area affected regions.

Your doctor after diagnosing the condition may refer you for physical therapy along with analgesics - these should take care of your symptoms.

In the interim you may try over the counter analgesics such as panadol and heat fomentation by hot water bags.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any more concerns.

Wishing you good health...