Having lower back pain and pain in groin area. Suggestion?

We are looking for a family doctor in Houston, TX 0000. We have BCBS of XXXXXXX My son is having a problem, lower back pain and groin area.
Posted Sun, 11 Aug 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 1 hour later

I am dr. XXXXXXX and will try my level best to address your needs.

Based on the information provided it seem that your son is having back pain which is radiating to his groins. He has a family history of high cholesterol on his biological father's side.

It seem like a he is having "Lumbago" which is kind of strain or may be nerve is impinged upon due to heavy lifting of weight/ exercise.

Treatment of referred low back pain is non-surgical and may include one or a combination of the following:
A short period of rest (e.g. one or two days)
Physical therapy, active exercise and stretching
Ice packs and/or hot pads
Appropriate medications for pain relief.

Still I do not have enough information to confirm the diagnosis, I would like to know the type of pain(sharp, intermittent, dull, throbbing) and when it occurs, any thing makes it better, and from scale of 1-10, 1 being the lowest and 10 being highest pain where is the pain currently, is it associated the trying to pee if so it the diagnosis may tend to differ from "Lumbago" to Kidney stone. Please fill in above information so that I can further help you.

Thanks for the query, and feel free to contact me in case of any concern.