Having lower back pain and kidney feel very sore. Had bowel movement during sleep. What to do?

Pediatrician, Neonatology
hello I'm concerned about my health Lately I have been having terrible lower back pains and my right kidney has been very sore and my stole has been bloody about a month. and I just now had a bowel movement during sleep. please send me a response
Posted Mon, 30 Sep 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 2 days later
Brief Answer:
gaxtroenterologist can help you

Detailed Answer:

At the outset, the symptoms that you describe concerns me. Renal disease, inflammatory bowel disorder or infection needs to be excluded.

If you were to be my patient, I would order for set of investigations at the earliest. The initial set of test would be ultrasound abdomen, stool examination and colonoscopy. A definitive cause and its management can be determined accordingly. Discuss with your treating doctor / gastroenterologist.

Hope this helps. Write back for clarifications

God bless

Good luck

Dr Uma