Having itchy bums. Noticed inflamed red lines from anus to scrotum. What could be this and cure?

hi i have an inchy bum a lot and now there is an inflamed red line from my anis to my scrottem and when in the shower it hurts a lot to was what mite this be??
Posted Thu, 23 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 7 hours later

There seems like you may have two problems here. One is a superficial fungal infection in the buttocks area which is causing you itchiness. You may consider using Clotrimazole (Lotrimin) ointment on the buttock area twice daily for 2 weeks and check for improvement in your symptoms. The ointment is available over the counter in your country.

Secondly, the inflamed red line from anus to scrotum. It may be a small anal fissure or an external anal haemorrhoid. This needs a per-rectal examination to be done by a General Surgeon to confirm the cause. You can try using Anovate cream locally on the red line area for it to heal.

Meanwhile, take bland diet with high fibre content and drink plenty of fluids. Do not take hot water shower; you may bath in lukewarm water.

If your symptoms do not subside in 2 weeks after this treatment, please consult a General Surgeon as I said.

Please do write back in case you have follow up queries to ask.