Having headache and stiff neck. Is this a sign of getting over food poisoning?

I am currently getting over food poisoning. However now I have a headache and stiff neck. Is this part of getting over food poisoning and can I take anything for the headache since I take high blood pressure pills.
Posted Wed, 19 Dec 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later

Its very common for one to have either body-aches or headaches.This happens due to inflammatory mediators released during any kind of infections.

You can take medications like Tab Tylenol once a day after food to get rid of the headache without any complications.This medication does not affect the Blood Pressure medication you are on.

Continue to monitor the progress. You will have to report back to your doctor if fresh symptoms occur.

Hope I answered your query.Please let me know if there are any other concerns.