Having headache. What could be the reason?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jun 2015
Jun 2015

Question
male, 6' , 210lbs good shape, no health issues having headache that has lasted 30 days, hurt worse when i fart, bend over, pick anything up, (strain in general) not prevent me from sleeping but returns immediately when I wake. sometime behind my right eye, but never in a single location, strain focuses pain in forehead, but no strain is entire head or back of head
Posted Thu, 21 Nov 2013 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Sinus headache Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. The symptoms as mentioned in your post suggests towards Sinus headache. Early morning headache & aggravation of symptoms on bending is characteristic for Sinusitis. Management involves: 1. Paracetamol (500 mg to be taken thrice a day) for symptomatic relief from pain. 2. Antibiotics like Amoxicillin 500 mg thrice a day (to be taken under guidance). 3. Steam inhalation 4. Antihistamines like Tablet Allegra 60 mg twice a day or Tablet Levocetrizine 10 mg in the evening can also be used. So, kindly consult your General Physician & start treatment. Investigations like complete blood count & X XXXXXXX of para-nasal sinus will be helpful in clinching the diagnosis. Till then, avoid smoking, cold food & drinks, maintain adequate hydration & proper nutrition and avoid stress. There is no need to worry, you will be fine. Wishing you a Good Health. Take care.

Follow-up: Having headache. What could be the reason? 59 minutes later
i have already taken Amoxicillin 500 for 10 days. It changed nothing. i finished 6 days ago. i can breath fine always could. can i have a sinus infection without nasal symptoms? i even did XXXXXXX pot early on. The headaches are still here. sometimes feel dizzy and nauseous. Is this beyond ENT person? XXXXXXX there has been no reply to my follow up question.

Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 23 hours later
Brief Answer: Kindly view the details Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your follow up query. It is possible to have a sinus infection without nasal symptoms, as the symptoms depend on the severity of the condition. Your treating doctor had advised you Amoxicillin 500 suspecting the same. Since, you are not getting relief, it will be better to take an X XXXXXXX of para-nasal sinus & a CT scan of brain to detect the pathological cause for your symptoms. The symptoms of nausea & dizziness needs to be evaluated by an ENT specialist to rule out any disturbance in Vestibular function. Symptomatic relief can be obtained by intake of anti histamine preparation like cinnarizine. There is no need to worry, you will be fine. Wishing you a Good Health. Take care.