Having head pain, pain in sinus areas. Stress. Took serepax. Should I be worried?

Hi there, i have been having pains in my head for the past two weeks they are been sharp pains every so often mainly in my temple area but also on my forehead, my eye brows, back of my head, on top of my head and also around my nose under my eyes where the sinisus are. Im not sure what this could be i had the same pain about two months ago and the doctor put it down to stress and gave me a nedicine called serepax which did help back then i still take them at night now but its not going away. Im a worried as to what it could be im scared it may be a tumor or somthing really bad.
Posted Sat, 10 Aug 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 15 minutes later

The description and location of the pain on the head points towards tension headache. This is even consistent with a good response with Oxezepam (Serepax) which is virtually anti stress drug.

It is not going in favor of tumor because it usually starts with projectile vomitings and headache increases as the days progress. Headache from tumor would not really help with Oxezepam.

It is worth to consider sinusitis if you have allergies or childhood asthma. However sinusitis headache is associated with early morning pain and discharge from nose / mouth.

So my suggestion for you is you should gradually adopt anti stress techniques like breathing techniques, relaxation exercises including meditation and yoga. I suggest if you should get trained from an expert on this. This will help you come out of Oxezepam sooner. Once you have an attach you can depend on simple over the counter Tylenol / Advil / Motrin type of pain relievers.

Let me know if you have further queries.
Follow-up: Having head pain, pain in sinus areas. Stress. Took serepax. Should I be worried? 11 minutes later
Hi there

Thank you for your response . I dont have any discharge from the nose ot mouth however i have been waking up with a runny nose but it goes away throughout the day. It also hurts when i bend my head foward could this be related to tension headachs also?
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 hours later
Yes it could be related to tension headache. No discharge and fever rules out sinusitis. Keep having a lot of fluid per day up to 8 to 10 ounce per day. That takes care of dehydration and runny nose.

If you do not have further queries, please close our discussion here.