Having hair loss problem. What cure should be done?

Jul 2012

Hi Doctor,
I am having a hairloss problem from past 3-4 years and my hairline is receding continuously from front. I have very curly hairs so it not that visible from top but I have lost hairs there as well. I recently contacted dr. batras as well and they told me that my hairs are getting thing because of low testosterone and high DHT. I have been advised by another dermatologist for Androanagen and essvital. Can you please suggest me if I need some extra care. I am 24 now. Also I am having oil at my forehead all the time, no matter what I do.
Posted Mon, 29 Oct 2012 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 15 minutes later
Hi there.
I note all your problems eg Ht with interest..minoxidil may not be a good option. If you have access to meds in the states, why dont you try & google a new minoxidil derivative with fewer side effects called nanoxidil & try this for 3-6 months.
I recomend hair transplantation now when you have a denser foliage for best results. Dont wait for too long..the longer the wait, the more the cost & number of follicles that will be needed for transplantation.
Oil at the forhead is a separate issue that may be helped with a acne soap that helps dry or remove this acnil or acnaid..remember to keep it in contact for 10 mts or so before washing off for best results.
Cheers & these are just pointers to help you. Do visit your nearest dermatologist in mumbai for prescriptions & further assistance. Glad to be of help & you may continue to take the androanagen & essvital in tandem for better results. Cheers!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD