Having gastric problem, bloated stomach, feeling heaviness and pain. Told to have swelling in liver. Advise?

I have a stomach problem like gastric problem my stomach become like a ballon n feeling heaviness whole day n a miner pain on left upper stomach., as doctor told me I have swelling in lever, I request u to advice me for this....
Posted Mon, 24 Jun 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 1 hour later

Thanks for asking.

The only abnormality in your investigations both blood tests and the ultrasound is fatty liver.

Fatty liver, also known as fatty liver disease (FLD), is a reversible condition where large vacuoles of triglyceride fat accumulate in liver cells via the process of steatosis (i.e. abnormal retention of lipids within a cell). Despite having multiple causes, fatty liver can be considered a single disease that occurs worldwide in those with excessive alcohol intake and those who are obese (with or without effects of insulin resistance).

In addition to alcohol and diabetes severe weight loss and certain drugs and toxins can also cause this.

Your symptoms of feeling heavy in stomach and slight pain are probably NOT related to fatty liver, these are looking like acid peptic disease or dyspepsia which needs treatment with medications to suppress acid production.

Please let me know if you need further information.