Having fever with headache and body ache. Widal test done. On medication. Any thoughts?

hi I have fever from last one week with head ache and body ache in widal test report it came as S typhi O at 1 hi I have fever from last one week with head ache and body ache. in widal test report it came as S typhi O at 1/80 and S typhi h at 1/80. pl suggest fast way to recover fast from this as I have to leave on tour by friday 17 th Aug ,mail me at YYYY@YYYY .i have been given a chloromydecin 500 mg & ofloxacin 200 mg twice daily & B complex once a day & on SOS calpol 650 mg.
Posted Sat, 1 Sep 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
You do have typhoid and the treatment that has been given to you is not appropriate in my opinion. The treatment would comprise of antibiotics like cefixime which can be given orally or ceftriaxone which is given by injection. This needs to be given for 4-5 days so you'd be better by the time you have to leave. Please see another physician and get a prescription for the same. Chloromydecin and ofloxacin are 2 drugs which are outdated in the management of typhoid.
In addition, you need to do the following:
a. Have a light , healthy diet. Small , frequent meals with plenty of curd or butter milk will help.
b. Totally avoid food or water from outside. Especially milk and milk products, non vegetarian items and water need to be avoided. If you must eat out, have something fried or grilled or steamed.
c. Have plenty of water and other fluids like Electral.
d. The B complex capsules and the paracetamol ( calpol) can be taken as recommended.
Hope that helps