Having fever, red throat and feeling tired. Taking amoxicillian. Normal to have fever with these symptoms?

Hi , my daughter is five years old. On Saturday she started with a fever and was tired and stuffed up. This continued all weekend. On monday brought her to pediatrican and she said throat was red but just viral. Brought her back yesterday and now she had fluid in ears and throat still red and very congested. Fever still spiking. She seems fine until the fever spikes and then lays on the couch. Finally she started her on amoxicillian. Today when she blows nose it is yellow and bloody.. Didnt have fever last night until now and it went to 100.4 so I gave her motrin. Is this normal to have a fever still with these symtoms? Is there something else I need to do?
Posted Sat, 22 Jun 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 25 minutes later
Thanks for your query

So sorry to listen all that , I can feel your concerns.

Yes its the natural course of the disease.
Fever remains for couple of days due to tonsillitis and otitis media along with sinusitis.
Disease started from throat and spread to the adjacent nose and ear.

Continue with amoxicillin for 10 days. I recommend you to give her green tea,
Keep ear dry by a cotton wick .
For fever give her paracetamol every 4 - 6 hourly

Hope I answered your query, Ir you have any other query I will be happy to answer.

Follow-up: Having fever, red throat and feeling tired. Taking amoxicillian. Normal to have fever with these symptoms? 1 hour later
OK but it is ok she keeps getting a fever. Her nose is very stuffy. How long before fever passes
Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 20 minutes later

Thanks for your follow up.

Her getting fever is a matter of concern, she should have regular follow up visits to her doctor.

If amoxicillin is not working for 72 hours , antibiotics should be changed.

Give your child steam on her face.

I recommend to add Chlorphenamine syrup One table spoon twice a day for 5 days
and xylometazoline decongestant nasal spray thrice a day for 5 days.

Hope, I answered your question. If you do not have any other clarification you can close the discussion and rate my response.

Wishing her a speedy recovery.